Working for Peter Brown
We are not a city based firm, and that is where we think we have the advantage – the benefits of working in the City without the stress and expense of travelling. We have great clients with really high quality work, and we don’t want to just meet the expectations of those clients, we want to exceed them. So if you want to work for a firm that sets it’s standards high, expecting only the best from all of its staff, come and work for us.
You will enjoy the benefits of:-
- good salary package
- pension *
- bonus scheme *
- Flexible/reduced hours or part time working where possible.
- Good quality training and mentoring
- Warm, fun and friendly office environment
- Firm social events
- great technology
*pension and bonus after qualifying period.
If you are interested in joining us then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating salary expectations.
We are looking for a paralegal to join our busy Commercial and Residential property teams. This is a new role created due to continuing growth within the business.
The successful applicant will be primarily expected to assist fee earners in the commercial and residential property departments, but may be required to assist other departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking and dedicated individual to gain experience in property law. The diversity of our work provides an ideal opportunity for someone keen to expand their career in the property environment, whilst working in a supportive and supervised environment.
The responsibilities will include:
- Taking instructions from new and existing clients
- Reviewing documents and providing basic advice to clients
- Preparing simple transactional documents and forms.
- Answering calls and emails from clients, solicitors and agents and other parties in a transaction, always with a view to providing excellent customer care;
- Managing a small caseload
- Providing cover for other fee earners who are absent
- Doing legal research
Successful candidates will have
- An excellent academic record, with legal training, but not necessarily a Law Degree/LPC.
- The ability to hit the ground running, and possess a “can-do” proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent literacy skills
- Strong IT skills (Word, Outlook, Case management system, legal forms)
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and to take responsibility for own work
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
You will have worked in a legal environment for at least 6 months and will be familiar with the stages involved in a property transaction. You will aware of the sequence of events, and be familiar with the terminology used.
You will possess a keen eye for detail and be able to communicate at all levels, and be confident and organised and able to organise others.
Paralegal applicants with previous residential conveyancing and/or commercial property experience will be at an advantage.
If you are interested in this role then please email with a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating salary expectations.
We are not able to respond to every candidate due to the high volumes of applicants If you do not receive a reply within two weeks, then your application has not been successful.
Job Type: Full-time
Applications with current CV stating your salary expectations.
No agencies please.